Valuers | Chartered Surveyors | Energy Assessors
Residential and Commercial

98a London Road Stockton Heath Warrington WA4 6LE
Tel: 01925 263285 Mobile: 07801 456477




As a result of Government Legislation, Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are now required on all commercial buildings (with some exemptions) at the point of instructing a sale, letting or commercial transaction.

Bellhouse Surveyors has a team of fully qualified and experienced surveyors specifically undertaking this work. Our portfolio of surveys includes small single units to multi-let city centre offices, retail and industrial buildings.

A landlord or property owner failing to provide a Commercial Energy Performance could result in prosecution and a fine, therefore please seek further advice and information by contacting us on 01925 263285 or 07801 456477 or click on the envelope below to email us.

email icon

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Commercial Energy Performance Certificate?

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are now required for all commercial buildings whenever built, rented or sold. The certificate records how energy efficient a property is as a building and provides A-G ratings. These are similar to the labels now provided with domestic appliances such as refrigerators and washing machines. The EPC allows prospective buyers, tenants, owners and occupiers to see information on the energy efficiency and carbon emissions from their building so they can consider energy efficiency and fuel costs as part of their investment. An EPC is always accompanied by a recommendation report that lists cost effective and other measures (such as low and zero carbon generating systems) to improve the energy rating.

Who is responsible in arranging the EPC?

It is the responsibility of the person selling or renting a building to have a valid EPC to show to prospective buyers and tenants. The EPC must be given to the eventual buyer or tenant.

How long are EPCs valid for?

The certificate is valid for ten years, or until a newer EPC is prepared.

Can a prospective tenant or buyer waive their right to receive an EPC?

No the building owner has a duty under government legislation to provide an EPC when the building is let or sold. Failure to do so could result in prosecution and a fine.

Are there any exemptions?

Yes some buildings are exempt. Please contact us for further information and advice.

What does a Commercial EPC and Recommendation Report look like?

Please click on the icons below to view sample reports which will open in a separate window.


bellhouse epc Sample Commercial EPC Report bellhouse epc

bellhouse commercial









bellhouse details












Bellhouse Surveyors - Supporting local business and communities
sos logo

Bellhouse Surveyors is a trading name of Bellhouse Property Surveys Ltd. Registered in England No. 6695799