Valuers | Chartered Surveyors | Energy Assessors
Residential and Commercial

98a London Road Stockton Heath Warrington WA4 6LE
Tel: 01925 263285 Mobile: 07801 456477




All domestic properties when offered For Sale or To Let require an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), in accordance with Government Legislation.

Only fully qualified, accredited and regulated domestic energy assessors will be able to undertake the energy survey and produce the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).

Bellhouse Surveyors are providers of EPCs for a portfolio of clients including Housing Associations, private clients and corporate bodies. Our service is nothing but professional and reliable and our fees are competitively priced in the market.

For further information, fee quotes and to request an Energy Survey, please contact our office on 01925 263285 or 07801 456477 or click on the envelope below to email us.

email icon

bellhouse domestic energy

Frequently Asked Questions

What is an Energy Performance Certificate?

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is required for all homes whenever built, rented or sold. The certificate records how energy efficient a property is as a building and provides A-G ratings. These are similar to the labels now provided with domestic appliances such as refrigerators and washing machines. The certificate allows prospective buyers, tenants, owners, and occupiers to see information on the energy efficiency and carbon emissions from a building so they can consider energy efficiency and fuel costs as part of their investment. An EPC is always accompanied by a recommendation report that lists cost effective and other measures (such as low and zero carbon generating systems) to improve the energy rating.

Who is responsible for obtaining an EPC?

It is the responsibility of the person selling or renting a building to have a valid EPC to show to prospective buyers and tenants. The EPC must be given to the eventual buyer or tenant.

How long does an EPC last for?

An EPC is valid for ten years, except for sales of homes which are subject to the Home Information Pack Regulations 2007, where a Home Information Pack (HIP) is required. In these cases an EPC must be no more than three years old when the property is first marketed.

What does a Domestic EPC look like?

Please click on the icon below to view a sample Domestic EPC report which will open in a separate window.


bellhouse epc








bellhouse details






Bellhouse Surveyors - Supporting local business and communities
sos logo

Bellhouse Surveyors is a trading name of Bellhouse Property Surveys Ltd. Registered in England No. 6695799